Friday, July 23, 2021

Contemporary Witchcraft Online Book Launch - 1 August

It is over half way through July already and I feel as if I have fallen down a rabbit hole.  I mean, one moment it was June and I was working on finalising my presentations for WitchsFest USA, and now the month of August has almost arrived.

Firstly, I would like to thank Peni Delina Perrault Bedard for suggesting that I participate in this New York based event, as well as to Starr Raven Hawk and her crew for all their hard work in organising not only a physical event, but online as well - so effectively there were two events happening over the weekend.  Just like WitchCon, that I took part in back in March, WitchsFest USA also recorded all of their online workshops so I have slowly been watching these.  No wonder I feel as if I have fallen down a rabbit hole.

So, with August almost upon us, this can only mean one thing, my next Moon Books published book is about to be officially released.  Contemporary Witchcraft: Foundational Practices for a Magical Life is, I guess, my version of a beginner's book, yet it offers more than just.  Witchcraft has certainly shifted since my time as a neophyte, and while this is great that so many people are being able to find self-empowerment through the magical arts, I personally feel that this is coming at a cost - and the cost is that some of the basic, foundational practices have been cast out with the bathwater, so to speak.

Many modern witches, or at least people identifying themselves as witches on social media, seem to be fixated on one aspect of witchcraft and indeed magick - that of spellcasting.  Now, I am not going to get into the debate here about this save to mention that there is more to witchcraft and being a witch than just spellcasting, just as there are many more ways of making magick than casting a spell that often appears to be aimed at the result as opposed to the cause of the problem or issue.

In Contemporary Witchcraft: Foundational Practices for a Magical Life I offer an alternative of how to create a magical life for yourself through the religion of witchcraft.  Yes, I do believe that witchcraft is a religion.  However, if you don't believe that witchcraft is a religion, that is perfectly fine.  What I cover in the book does focus more on establishing foundational practices that will set you up for life.

Think of it this way;  You are wanting to build yourself a house.  There are a number of initial steps that you need to make before construction even begins.  These include soil testing and preparation, and then mixing together the cement, sand and water to make the concrete for your house's foundation.  In Contemporary Witchcraft: Foundational Practices for a Magical Life I offer tips and techniques of how I laid the foundations for my own "magical house" that has seen many alterations and additions over the years, yet is still very much in tact.

Currently, you can pre-order your copy through Amazon US, Amazon UK, Barnes & Noble, and IndieBound where both paperback and ebook versions are available.  

Within Australia, Contemporary Witchcraft: Foundational Practices for a Magical Life is available through my LunaNoire Creations etsy store as well as selected outlets around Australia including Carpe Diem with Remi and The Magickal Crystal Forest in Adelaide, Muses of Mystery in Melbourne, The Crystal Chalice in Canberra and Avalon by Nature in Boolaroo, Macquarie.

To mark the release of Contemporary Witchcraft, I will be doing a Facebook live on my author page on Sunday, 1 August 2021 at 7pm ACST.  This timing is rather auspicious as it is Imbolc here in Adelaide, the sabbat or seasonal festival marking the beginning of spring, the awakening of the spirit and the return of the Maiden Goddess.  As such, I hope you will join me for my online launch of Contemporary Witchcraft: Foundational Practices for a Magical Life.