Monday, February 1, 2021

Supporting My Work through Ko Fi

This is not a topic that I am all that comfortable dwelling on however it does warrant an acknowledgement and as such, I do keep it short.

The demand these days for artists and presenters, including authors like myself, to be more active on social media and engage in YouTube and Facebook videos, online chats and conferences, not to mention the expectant posting of images relating to what are actually personal aspects of one's life, is extremely time consuming, if not exhausting.  Such "public outing" of various aspects of my life is not something that I am all that comfortable with, nor do I necessarily have the appropriate equipment to produce high quality visuals.  More often than not, it is me and my iPhone (which I have only actually upgraded).  I would much rather have my head in a book or attending on lecture that it of some way benefit to my next project, that is when I am not engaged in full time work to ensure that my bills are paid.

Yes - that is right.  To date all the researching and writing the now soon to be seven books that I have written has occurred around full time work.  This does not include the personal investment that is also undertaking when I present a lecture, or run a workshop or course.  In fact it is very rare that I present something twice in its original format - more often than not part, and at times, even all, has been rewritten, re-researched, reconstructed in some way, shape or form.

That said, I love exploring the realms and differing interpretations of mythologies, metaphysics, spirituality and most importantly magick.  I also enjoy writing about it, sharing my discoveries and thoughts with others.  Up until now, all the books and courses I have undertaken I have done off my own back.  The majority of proof reading and pre-release expenses that are incurred in the production of books, I have largely covered myself.  While I do have a couple of books being released through a publisher, there were still costs I have to cover.  Further, as I reside in the Southern Hemisphere, I am particularly interested in expanding on the information available for this part of the world which often is not picked up by larger publishing houses.

As a way of maybe helping with my increased expenses, I have created a page on a site called Ko-Fi which essentially allows you to ‘buy me a coffee’ if you enjoy my work and would like to help out financially in a small way. You will find a link at the end of each new post and on the top left side bar on this site.  All content on my web pages, as well as my YouTube and Facebook channels, will remain free to everyone. At this stage, I have no plans to start posting ‘subscriber only’ material.

Any contributions received will be accepted with much gratitude and heartfelt thanks. And I would also like to point out that 'support' does not have to only be financial.  You can show your support through leaving reviews of my books (and other products), sharing my posts and notifications of my events amongst your networks, clicking on hearts and 'thumbs up' on postings, etc.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.