Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Hymn to the Muse

Oh Muse, Thou dear one, sing to me,
Commence and order my song.
Cool breezes blowing from Thy groves
Inspire my breast and rouse my heart.

Calliopeia Thou wise
Principal of the Muses delightful,
Thou too, wise mystery guide,
Leto's child, Thou Delian Paean,
Be propitious and stand by me.
(Homer)


Some rather delightful news was received today that a more personal essay was accepted for an anthology that had already accepted a more scholarly article.
 
The anthology is A Mantle of Stars: A Devotional Anthology in Honor of the Queen of Heaven which will be edited by Jen McConnel and published later in this year by Bibliotheca Alexandrina.
 
Submitting the second essay was a spur of the moment thing and I thank the Muses for encouraging me to do so.